Explore Best Case
Best Case Bankruptcy works easily on most all personal computers that meet the below system requirements. For networking system requirements, please see our Multi-User Version page.
- A mouse
- Minimum 128 MB RAM installed
- 60 MB of free space on the hard disk
- Windows® 10, 8.1, 8 or 7
- Mail It feature requires Windows® 7 or above
- Compatible with Windows Server: 2003, 2008, 2012
- Adobe Reader (free download)
- Internet Explorer® 8.0, 9.0, 10.0 or 11.0 installed
- .NET 4.0 Client Profile
- A PC-compatible computer with a Pentium®-class III (or equivalent) processor
- Minimum 800x700 Viewable Resolution
- If you would like to use the BestScan feature, you will need to have a TWAIN compliant scanner installed.
- If you would like to use the merge feature or the Additional Documents Library, a feature that contains some supplemental forms and allows you to build your own library of form letters and documents, you will need to have one of the following word processing packages installed: Corel® WordPerfect®for Windows version X3, X4, X5, X6 or Microsoft® Word 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013 or 2016. If you are upgrading to a later version of your word processing software, please contact Best Case to see if our latest version is compatible. (Note that you can print any of the Official Forms and Schedules without using a word processor.)
- Best Case is compliant with the forthcoming change from PDF to PDF/A format, and all PDF files are created with bookmarks per court requirements.
Running Best Case on a Mac?
Best Case cannot run natively on a Mac. However, Best Case will function on an Intel® Core 2 Duo based Mac running Windows through:
- Boot Camp® www.apple.com/bootcamp/ Please note that as of November 2007, Apple no longer offers Boot Camp as a separate product. Instead, it is included with each Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard® operating system for no additional charge.
- Parallels Desktop® for Mac www.parallels.com/products/desktop
- VMWare Fusion® www.vmware.com/products/fusion/
Additionally, you will need the following items to run Best Case on an Intel based Mac:
- A two-button USB mouse
- Anti-virus software
- Windows® 10, 8.1, 8, or 7 installed
- Adobe Acrobat® Reader® (free download at www.adobe.com)
- A licensed copy of Microsoft Word 2002 or higher or Corel WordPerfect 2002 or higher
- A scanner (must be TWAIN compliant, and you must install the Windows scanning software to use Best Scan)
- Note that there are several Windows emulators available for Mac. Our staff is currently testing other programs that mimic the Windows environment on the Mac. Other emulators will be added to the list of acceptable Windows emulators when testing on them has been successfully completed. In the mean time, if you attempt to run Best Case on one of these untested systems, you do so at your own risk, and we will not be able to provide you with technical support.
Technical Support for Best Case Customer
References guides, quick start guides and links to assist your everyday Best Case needs.